There are times when I feel overwhelmed and over extended. No one else feels this, right? ;]
It's in those times I gotta check-IN and see what's draining my energy!
My energy gets drained when I give attention to things that aren't aligned with my dreams, goals and commitments.
Yet how would I know what's draining my energy if I never asked myself, "What am I committed too that fuels my dreams?"
Our actions show us what we're committed to and sometimes that can be frightening!
...because maybe what we give our attention to what isn't aligned with our higher dreams and goals.
I have found that when I clarify my commitments, I stay focused rather than pulled down and distracted in old patterns.
Our beliefs have the power to create us or destroy us. I've learned that if I have a single drop of lingering doubt, then well, my goals and commitments ain't happening.
Here are tips:
1. Change your mind set- If your story is, "I can't", "It's selfish", "I am not worthy."... then, hey!...you're right! But NOW, you have the opportunity to COMMIT to writing a new story.
2. Choose to commit to your goal or dream- If you don't know what you're committed to, then how can you create goals towards your dreams? Figure it out, Know it. Write it down and put it on your bathroom mirror.
3. Pursue relentless action aligned to your commitment. - This could start with a meditation, moving your body in new ways, and a daily affirmation, saying what you're committed to. This process will help shape oriented goals.
4. Trust the process- There is a transition period between A & B. Embrace the change that may feel unsettling. It's part of it and people will help along the way if you let them.
5. Show sincere gratitude for the help and results- A daily Gratitude Practice shifts your focus from what your life lacks to the abundance that is already present. In addition, behavioral and psychological research has shown the surprising life improvements that can stem from the practice of gratitude. Giving thanks makes people happier and more resilient, it strengthens relationships, it improves health, and it reduces stress.
...And maybe you already know a tip that you're finally ready to listen to. ;]