Hello fellow spirits,
3 weeks at Standing Rock changed my life. Seth and I were there representing Unify to capture the stories on the ground. Our team created powerful media that I am thrilled to share with you below.
Standing Rock...A place fueled by spirit and powered by water.
We came a long way at Standing Rock to support a battle that has been happening before many of us arrived. Many came with anger, passion and love, that quickly united in the power of prayer. The Native American Sioux tribe has exampled compassion for all of us to learn and grow from with each action on the front lines. We were there to pray, protect sacred water and mend relationships with our native brothers and sisters. The journey we’ve cultivated together merges politics with spirit and is the access point for all nations and peoples to return to our hearts. From having over 10,000 people come to Standing Rock to pray, The Army Corps of Engineers decline the easement of the pipeline, and a forgiveness ceremony with the U.S veterans for military actions conducted against Natives throughout history, we are shaping hope for the future. We stand stronger than ever in spite of the growing evidence that the Energy Transfer Partners will continue to drill. We pray that the whole world will stand with us knowing that this is not over. Now more than ever, we ask you to join us in prayer and support this movement and realize it is our choice, oil or water.
1. How to take your money out of the banks that support these pipelines!
2. Help those at Standing Rock.
Top 4 take aways from our native brothers and sisters:
1. I learned about decolonization and how to unite within these systems and walls that have become normalized.
2. How entitlement is violence and is an example of dividing us even further rather than creating new modalities for self-love and the collective.
3. While there was so much to take in, it was essential that we were there at Standing Rock with the attitude of “What can I give?” opposed to “What can I get?”.
4. We stood as Water Protectors with no violence on our side, which I don’t believe has ever happened before in history for a protest. We didn’t just want peace. We had to become peace.
We are called Water Protectors because we are protecting and praying, not just for ourselves, but for the law officials shooting water cannons, grenades, and mace at us. We are dealing with a human rights issue and what we're experiencing is money and large corporations taking priority over the safety and rights of all people. We pray for peace for the whole planet and know this is greater than Standing Rock. This is just the beginning. The movement has begun, and you're a part of it.
If there’s an intention for stepping into this new year, it’s to realize that none of us are excused from this conversation. We must plan now for the future ahead and have more conversations with friends and family to address these issues. I encourage everyone to post away and not be afraid of being judged on social media. To share what side you're on and let your voices be heard. To realize the power of your actions and how we are the change makers...we have to remember that.
So with your power, aware of the chaos happening in the world, what are you gonna do in 2017?